Looking to give your class a spectacular lesson about animals, the environment, geography or biology? Then Hobbledown Epsom’s the place for you! There are a variety of options available for schools, tailored to early years learning, as well as Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 of the National Schools Curriculum.
Looking to give your class a hands-on lesson about animals, the environment, geography or biology? Hobbledown’s the place!
There are a variety of options available for schools, tailored to early years learning, as well as Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 of the National Schools Curriculum.
With farm and zoo animals, up-close animal walkthroughs, as well as a giant outdoor playground to explore – it’s an extraordinary day out for kids.
Plus we also offer classroom sessions run by trained zoo professionals suitable for Early Years along with Key Stages 1 and 2 of the National Schools Curriculum. Choose from packages, Mini Beasts, Habitats and Adaptations, Layers of the Rainforest, The Hobbler Guided Tour, and more!
Educational Packages available include:
- The Hobbler Guided Tour £10 per Pupil suitable for Early Stage, KS 1 &2
This involves a curated guide around the different animal walkthroughs we have examining the different types of animal species we have and their habitats.
- Interactive Animal Experience £10 per pupil suitable Early Stage, KS 1&2
This lesson allows the students to get up close to one of the animals and learn about specific features of the animal and how these suit their specific lifestyles and habitats. Please note we cannot always guarantee your choice of animal in these sessions.
- Habitats and Adaptations: £11 per pupil. Suitable for KS 1,2 & 3
Learn about the many habitats that exist our world, and the way Hobbledown’s animals have adapted to survive in their home environment. This is an active session, mixed between the classroom and out and about in Hobbledown!
- Layers of the Rainforest £11 per pupil
This Classroom based session run by experiences animal host and will feature many of the animal host and will feature many of the animals that live in the rainforest and how the amazing diversity of the rainforests impact their life cycles.
- Mini Beasts: £11 per pupil suitable for Key Stages 1 & 2
This classroom based session allows children to get up close and personal to invertebrates such as giant snails, cockroaches and stick insects and helps them understand how they differ from vertebrates.
- Raptor Centre Guided Tour: £10 per pupil Suitable for Early years, KS 1 & 2
- A guided tour through the incredible Raptor Centre with one of their experienced Falconers. Meet some of our flying show stars, and discus habitats, adaptations, identification, and features.
Pricing: School packages start from £10 per child
Also Available To Book:
- Packed lunches: adapted for specific allergies if required.
- Private Rooms: Available for groups up to 50 or from 50-100 if you need somewhere to lock valuables or re-group during the day.
- High Ropes Session: Get some exercises completing the high ropes aerial adventure (suitable for children over 1.3m tall)
- Archery or Nerf Sessions – supervised games that can be added to your day. Age restrictions apply.
Teacher Familiarisation Days are available.
Additional resources are available, including risk assessments pre visit and worksheets post visit.
Children must be supervised at all times, to aid in this supervision, all accompanying teachers are complementary up to the number of children within your school group.
Tickets must be booked in advance, with no deposit required. Visits can be moved/Cancelled at any time (subject to availability). Please note that school groups do not get access to the indoor play barn – this is available at an extra charge.
There are no guaranteed animals for these sessions, and we cannot take requests. We will always match the animals used based on the age of the children and the topics being covered.