Arsenal is delighted delighted to announce that Arsenal Stadium Tours have been awarded the Gold Accolade by the VisitEngland visitor attraction scheme for 2016. The Gold Accolade recognises those attractions that deliver the highest standards of experience for their visitors. In 2012, the club changed from guided tours to self-guided audio visual tours using interactive handsets available in nine languages. This change in offering has seen the club’s stadium tours business grow from 70,000 to 215,000 annual visitors in four years.
Arsenal’s Retail Director, Simon Lilley said: “We are delighted to receive this coveted Gold Accolade from VisitEngland. It is a fantastic testament to the hard work of all the staff involved and something we can be proud of. “The self-guided tour being available in nine languages adds a unique and special experience for the supporters. This alongside our newly renovated museum and our legends and matchday tours has seen a huge increase in visitors both locally and internationally. “All of these options are extremely popular among Arsenal supporters and tourists visiting London. I’m sure they will continue to attract large crowds.”
About Arsenal Stadium Tours
· The self-guided stadium tour is available in nine languages: English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin and Japanese.
· Tours run from 9.30am to 6pm Monday to Saturday (last entry 5pm) and 10am to 4pm Sunday (last entry 3pm).
· VIP Legends Tours are in operation this season with Invincibles Ray Parlour (26 Feb and 11 June) and Martin Keown (31 March and 28 April). These include a tour, autograph session, lunch in one of Emirates Stadium’s hospitality suites and a limited edition gift bag.
· Legend Tours are available with former Arsenal stars including Charlie George, Perry Groves and Nigel Winterburn.
· Matchday tours are schedule ahead of select fixtures throughout the season.
About VisitEngland Accolades:
VisitEngland accolades are available to attractions that are part of the Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme and are allocated through a scoring system based on an annual assessment by VisitEngland. They include the Welcome accolade, Hidden Gem, Best Told Story, Quality Food & Drink and the Gold accolade for top-scoring attractions. The accolades will be announced each year.
Recipients will receive a certificate and a logo to display on their website.
About the Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme
The Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme is managed by VisitEngland and, through its network of regional assessors, boasts an incredible reputation for instigating, modifying and shaping change to the customer experience at visitor attractions across England.
The scheme encourages participants to make the Scheme work for them as the management tool.
Industry support has been consistently strong with participants eager to take on board the recommendations of their local assessor.