- National curriculum RS or History can be delivered through our “Day in the Life of a Monk” – students dress up as Cistercian choir monks and are led through a typical day of a novice monk – singing, using sign language and perhaps trying illuminated writing during the “day”.
- Older history students might choose to “Act the Facts” with our bespoke scripted drama which sees students taking the parts of monks, merchants, bishops and politicians to tell the whole dramatic history of the abbey, from 1132-1539.
- Littler visitors can develop their literacy in this magical place with a story telling workshop based around Brother Thomas and his experiences in the Abbey.
- Hands on heritage is the focus of the Swanley Grange experience – with sheep and chickens and a monastic garden students can find out more about medieval life and learn heritage crafts from our resident craft expert.
- Felt making and Mosaic making workshops give students of all ages a chance to learn a new craft skill inspired by the history and beauty of Fountains Abbey – whether producing felt art in a small group for younger students or a unique individual piece for a GCSE portfolio.
Do look at our website for details or booking information: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/fountains-abbey-and-studley-royal-water-garden/features/learning-at-fountains-abbey
Please contact for details
Please contact for details or visit website
Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 3DY