- Your list is empty
The Moors National Park Centre
Based at the Moors National Park Centre, within the beautiful Esk Valley, the National Park Education Service offers a wide range of curriculum linked activities for all ages.
Led by experienced and qualified activity leaders there are opportunities to explore a wide range of habitats with full day, hands-on investigations.
Key stage 2 groups
- Carry out a woodland habitat study; identifying and aging trees, minibeast hunts and bird ID.
- Visit a moorland stream on our river day; carry out measurements and dip for creatures to study adaptations and water pollution.
- Enjoy an interactive moorland walk with fabulous views of the Esk Valley on our moorland day. Use a giant floor key to identify moorland birds.
- Our grounds lend themselves really well to compass skills, map skills and geocaching with a bespoke course where children can roam free.
- Build shelters, make fires and learn how the landscape has changed on our Stone age day.
- Meet us at Robin Hood’s Bay for a full day of beach school exploring rockpools, fossil hunting with an option for a spectacular cliff top walk
Key Stage 3 and above
- Explore the moorland through our Endangered Ecosystem activity
- Take part in a full day river investigation
- Investigate Moorlands as Indicators of Climate Change
- Spend a day undertaking coastal fieldwork at Robin Hood’s Bay
- Explore impacts of footpath erosion
Disabled Access, Disabled Toilets, Facilities for Hearing Impaired, Facilities for Visually Impaired, Guide Dogs Welcome, On Site Parking
Pre visit Available,
Cafe, Picnic Site, Shop, Toilets,
Is your Attraction or Museum missing from our website?
Contact us today and let’s get you listed! 01677 42733
Stay up to date with all the latest news and upcoming events in your area!