- Your list is empty
School Trips to The Deep
Visit The Deep, Hull’s award-winning aquarium and enjoy a fun-filled
family day. Journey through prehistoric seas, past tropical lagoons,
into vast open oceans, down to dark depths, through the Kingdom of ice
and into the future.
With over 5000 animals, including spectacular sharks and rays, the UK’s only Green sawfish, hundreds of tropical reef fish in the newly refurbished Tropical Lagoon of Light, Loggerhead sea turtles and a colony of Gentoo penguins, there’s something to entertain all ages.
Join us at Discovery Corner for touchpool sessions, learn about species native to the UK including starfish, sea urchins and crabs.
Stop by Endless Oceans where 2.5 million litres of water and 87 tonnes of salt make this home to an array of species. Watch the divers feed the sharks and rays in Endless Oceans (Mon, Weds & Fri, cleaning dive Tues & Thurs), the Lagoon of Light on Saturday and the Amazon Flooded Forest on Sundays in our daily dive shows at 2pm.
Don’t miss the Deep’s penguin feeds at 11:30am and 3:30pm in the chilly Kingdom of Ice and walk through the amazing glass tunnel and ride in the glass lift through the 10m Endless Oceans exhibit.
Located in the heart of the City Centre, The Deep is a five minute walk from the stunning Hull Marina, quirky Museums Quarter, shops, bars and restaurants – an ideal day out for the whole family.
We have been working hard to develop and adapt our educational offer to school groups in line with all current COVID–19 guidance. As a result your day at The Deep will look quite different from school visits you may have taken here before. By limiting the number of school visits per day we are now able to deliver an exciting new offer.
- For the first time, schools can enjoy a Deep Teacher-Led tour of the attraction which is age-appropriate with a curriculum-based focus.
- Prices are £8 per child, additional adults are £13.50. There will be a minimum charge of £96 for school parties of 12 students and under.
- Current ratios of adult to pupil are as follows – EYFS – 1:4 KS1 – 1:6 KS2 – 1:6 KS3/4 – 1:10
- You will also get an education workshop in the Learning Centre which relates to your Key Stage
- To maintain social distancing we will limit groups to only ONE CLASS PER DAY from only one school. (Maximum of 36 learners per class)
- Classes of more than 18 pupils will be split into two groups for the entirety of their visit
- Any resources used will be thoroughly cleaned prior to use and will only be shared between a maximum of 2 pupils during the workshop session
- Resources in the Foundation Stage education session will be shared by the whole group as this is designed as a free-play session
Accessible by Public Transport, Disabled Access, Disabled Toilets,
Coach Parties Welcome, Groups Welcome, Pre visit Available, Risk Assessment Available,
Is your Attraction or Museum missing from our website?
Contact us today and let’s get you listed! 01677 42733
Stay up to date with all the latest news and upcoming events in your area!