These centres offer progressive learning experiences which will challenge, engage and inspire young people. The opportunities we provide excite young people and expose them to new environments, whether it be mountain, sea shore, river or stage and help them achieve their full potential. Conway Centres: Anglesey is a large, short term, residential arts and outdoor education facility set in idyllic surroundings on the Island of Anglesey, North Wales.
Courses at the Conway Centres can be as wide ranging as your imagination providing whole school curriculum opportunities to enable life-long learning and:
• Raise aspirations and equip young people with the skills they need to become active citizens.
• Improve pupils’ personal, social and emotional development and mental health well- being.
• Increase young people’s motivation, self- esteem and confidence.
• Raise children’s’ attainment.
How are we unique?
• Specialist, passionate education professionals.
• Planned progression across our six centres.
• Bespoke programmes
• Provision from 5 –adulthood!
• A wide range of facilities and resources
Oue experienced and qualified teachers and staff can help you organise a progressive residential or engaging day course activities to meet your desired aims and objectives. Whether you are looking for a bespoke programme of activities, or are interested in one of our packages please call us to discover what we can offer.
Originally, the centre was designed as a merchant marine training school for boys. It was opened in 1964 by His Royal Highness, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in order to replace HMS Conway a three masted, two deck sailing ship. As such the centre is unusual in having a wealth of indoor teaching/work facilities together with a wealth of on-site locations situated in an unrivalled environment.
Price on application
All year round
The Conway Centre, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, LL61 6DJ