- Your list is empty
Wingham Wildlife Park
With over 170 species, 190 talk topics (covering everything from individual species to recycling, palm oil, dinosaurs, reptiles,
invertebrates, nocturnal animals, birds and much more), pre designed itineraries, an outdoor play area, free lunch lockers and plenty of
picnic areas (both open and under cover), there’s not an animal based
education destination in Kent which can offer more variety.
Wingham Wildlife Park is situated in 26 acres of Kent countryside nestled just outside the beautiful city of Canterbury. Home to over 190 species of animals, fish, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and birds a school trip here will create unforgettable memories for your pupils. We
Don’t just take our word for it, check our website for more details and to read testimonials from fellow school teachers.
Educational Days out in Kent’s Top Wildlife Attraction:
- More species than any other wildlife park or zoo in Kent
- The largest collection of animatronic dinosaurs in Kent
- Key stage 1 & 2 keyword signs
- 22 classroom talks
- Talks available for ANY of our species, giving us more educational talks than any other venue in the county
- Secure place to leave lunch bags / boxes
- Free risk assessment visit for 2 staff members per visit
- Suggested itineraries for popular topics
- A chance for students to get close to animals
Visits Tailored to your Age Group:
We listened to your comments (after your visit please take the time to fill in the email questionnaire as it does make a difference) and have given the control about what you are taught to you. Take a look at the talk topics below to see which might be of most interest to you and can fit in best to what you are currently teaching. The talks will be tailored to your age group to ensure that your students are only getting the information which is relevant to them.
Our Educational Talks:
For sessions in our education center where we may be able to offer contact with props (we are currently not offering handling of live animals) we have 22 different topics to choose from at the moment:
- 5 more minutes – the one about hibernation and winter survival skills.
- A bug’s life – the one about the lives and life-cycles of terrestrial invertebrates.
- Cold blooded – the one about the lives of reptiles around the world.
- Deserts and their inhabitants – the one about who lives in deserts & how they do it.
- Different teeth for different jobs – the one about how different types of teeth work.
- Dinosaurs, fossils and extinctions – the one about prehistoric animals.
- Evolution of animals, including us – the one about how modern life came about.
- Forests and their inhabitants – the one about non tropical forests & their inhabitants.
- Grazing isn’t lazing – the one about herbivores.
- Human population and chimpanzees – the one about our charity work in Uganda.
- Jungles and their inhabitants – the one about tropical rainforests & their inhabitants.
- Let’s talk about poo and pellets – the one where we dissect animal waste products.
- Life at night – the one about nocturnal animals & their adaptations.
- Life in the sky – the one about the lives and life-cycles of birds.
- Living in, under and around water – the one about animals living in & around water.
- Nature on your doorstep – the one about native British animals.
- On the hunt; the circle of life – the one about carnivores and the food chain.
- Rainforest S.O.S – the one about deforestation and the palm oil debate.
COVID-19 Virtual Outreach:
We know that in the current climate it is not always practical for you to be able to bring your classes on field trips, so we have been working on a way to bring our educational talks to you, virtually! Please see website for more information.
We are open from 10:00 every day other than Christmas Day, with the park
closing at 18:00 during the summer and as early as 16:00 during the
winter, depending on lighting.
Prices start at £7 per child, with adults accompanying them (depending
on the age of the children) being free at a ratio starting as low as 1
per 4 children and additional adults starting from £7. Prices vary
depending on the school type and age, and can be found at https://winghamwildlifepark.co.uk/school-visits/
Rusham Road, Wingham, Kent, CT3 1JL
Is your Attraction or Museum missing from our website?
Contact us today and let’s get you listed! 01677 42733
Stay up to date with all the latest news and upcoming events in your area!