- Your list is empty
The London Eye
Explore how the human and physical geography of London has changed history, and been changed by history. Discover inspiring educational visits onboard the iconic London Eye, download our free lesson plans and book your classroom in the sky.
Begin your journey through the human and physical geography of London with our unforgettable set of lessons for the classroom (free to download www.londoneye.com/schools).
1. Identify key facts about London’s location and describe some of London’s landmarks and tourist attractions with a game of Landmark Detective Files
2. Get creative as your class considers the positive and negative impact of tourism followed by a proposal and a 3D model for their very own attraction
Then plan the educational visit and take flight as you journey 135m high and observe London’s iconic landscape from your classroom in the sky! Schools can also consider booking a KS2 and KS3 Discover the Skyline workshop where our education host will bring to life the locations, history and architecture of London’s landmarks.
Finally finish back in the classroom with a compare and contrast ‘changing skylines’ activity which includes creating a detailed map of London.
Core curriculum links include:
• Human Geography – Settlement and land use, Economic activity and trade, Population, Urbanisation
• Physical Geography – Rivers, Map and atlas, Environment
• Design and Technology – Mechanics and Engineering
We are accredited with ‘The LOtC Quality Badge’, offering teachers a guarantee that not only is a venue providing the sort of educational value that they can build on in class long after the visit but they also have the appropriate risk management structures in place.
Is your Attraction or Museum missing from our website?
Contact us today and let’s get you listed! 01677 42733
Stay up to date with all the latest news and upcoming events in your area!